Thursday, September 24, 2009

Musical Chairs: the Hong Kong way of eating

There is one aspect of eating out here that I have not quite adapted to yet. When I eat at little street-side restaurants, I inevitably end up sharing a table with someone-due to the amount of people living here and the lack of space. Well today, I was seated at a small round table with another person, then a family of 3 was seated there when she left. The host asked me if I would move to another table with more room. So I changed lunch companions once again. At my new table I ended up eating with 3 other groups of people. And I didn't think I was that slow at eating! I guess there are no strangers. Anyone could be joining you for your next lunch! When I go home, I might just find myself joining complete strangers at restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment